iCloud is the cloud computing and cloud storage service for Apple users. It currently has over 800 million users and is also free of charge. It stores your data on remote Apple Servers and syncs with all your connected devices. This is a comprehensive guide to understanding the basics of iCloud Login and all its other specifics.
There is no need for me to tell you how many people use Apple devices. Out of all of them, iPhones and Mac PCs are greatly popular all around the world. Now, iCloud Login is one of the key services in Apple devices and it is one to keep handy in order to protect your data.
For most people, understanding iCloud Login is too much of a tedious job and many of them don’t even know how the service works and what it is useful for. Fret not, because this guide will be the answer to all your questions regarding the cloud service of Apple.
What is iCloud?
For starters, iCloud Sign In is the cloud storage system offered by Apple. It stores and backs up your data from your iOS devices to remote Apple Servers. It syncs these data to and from your list of connected devices if you have more than one. You don’t need to log in necessarily because if you are using it on an iOS device, then you will automatically be logged in when you sign in with your Apple ID.
Actually, once you set up an iCloud Account, the account stays active all the time on your device and you won’t have to log in every time you need it. On your iPhone or iPad, you can see what data you have stored in your iCloud Account. You can change the settings of the service as to what you want it to do and what not to. We will get to that in a bit.
Most of the people use iCloud Sign In for storing their contacts, reminders, and calendar entries; which are the basic. Apart from that, you can also use it to sync your photos, videos, and other media so that you can back them up and download them on other devices if need be. Let us move on to the Login procedures.
iCloud Login using the website
Most of the users wonder how to do the iCloud Login or how to access their account. Well, this is one of the most common ways of doing that and it is really easy. You simply need to access the official website and then log into it. Once you log in, you can do a lot of things like accessing your data on a new computer which isn’t already in sync with your iCloud Sign In Account, and many other occasions. Below are the steps needed for the login.
- Open a web browser on your PC such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.
- Type www.icloud.com in the address bar and hit the Enter key.
- You will see two blank spaces in which you have to enter your Apple ID and password.
- You can choose to check the “Keep me signed in” box if you want to.
- Make sure that you check this box only if it is your own computer.
- Click on the black arrow in order to log into your iCloud Login Account.
- On the next screen, you will see a screen with a couple of icons of the things that you have allowed access to iCloud.
- There is the settings menu on the top of the screen on the right side.
- Click on it to manage the finer details of your account.
- You can check out how much of the available storage you are using.
Once you complete the Login procedure, you are all set to see what’s in your iCloud Account. You can use this method on a PC or a laptop for better functionality.
iCloud Sign In on iPhone
iCloud Login is a service and it is simply isn’t possible to log into your account on your iPhone. The reason is that, well, Apple doesn’t want you to. If you try to log in using the Safari browser, you will only be able to see three options. These options use your Apps on your device. You will basically see these three options.
- Open Find My Friends
- Open Find My Phone
- Set up iCloud on this device
This is basically an on-device solution that Apple offers to you instead of accessing the whole account as you would on a PC. This happens because Apple wants you to use the service in the way it is designed to be; the method that we explained above.
iCloud Login with Chrome
Before we move on any further, we need you to know that this method works, but it is not the best of the ways. That is because navigating around the website on your iPhone isn’t as easy as it is on a PC. All you need for iCloud Login is the official Chrome Browser for your iPhone installed on your device and internet.
Though we are using Chrome, it is also possible in other browsers but with a bit more struggle. So we are going to go with this one. Here are the steps that you have to follow for iCloud Login with Chrome.
- Install Chrome on your iPhone if you don’t have it.
- Open Chrome and go to the www.icloud.com website.
- Now you will see the same thing as we explained in the previous section.
- But don’t worry, there’s a way around that.
- Click on the three vertical dots in the top-right of the screen.
- Now, tap on “Request Desktop Site”.
- At first, nothing will change. But enter icloud.com in the URL bar again and tap GO.
- Now, you will see the desktop version of the iCloud Login website.
- All that’s left to do now is to enter your Apple ID and password into the blanks and tap on the arrow to log in.
We don’t know how exactly this works, but it does and it does to our advantage. You need to enter the Address two times in order to get past Apple’s device page and onto the desktop page.
Log into iCloud on iPhone using Safari
Safari is the default browser of all the iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad. As we have explained in the previous section, you can also do the iCloud Sign In using Safari on your iPhone. But this method isn’t as reliable as the previous one and it also a bit messy in displaying the Login page.
Here are the steps will allow you to log into your iCloud Account.
- First of all, open the Safari Browser on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now enter this URL in the address bar and hit Go.
- It will show you the mobile site with three options, the same as the previous method.
- Now, on the bottom bar, you will see the Share option.
- Tap on it and the options will come up on the screen.
- Scroll to the right-hand side.
- Now, tap on the “Request Desktop Site” from the options.
- You should be sent to the desktop site.
- But if not, then you should enter icloud.com in the address bar and hit enter.
- When the page refreshes, you will see the Desktop site.
- Once the page loads, all you have to do is enter your iCloud Login credentials.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password and then tap on the Black Arrow.
In no time, you will have access to your account. You will see the same screen as you would on a desktop or a laptop.
iCloud Login On Mac
Mac is one of the two most popular computer platforms in the world. People all around the globe either use the Windows or the MacOS operating system. If you have a Mac, then all the better because accessing your iCloud Account through the Mac will be easy. Follow the steps below and make sure of certain things explained below.
- You need to make sure that you have the latest version of OSX on your Mac.
- If you don’t know whether it is the latest version or not, then you must update it.
- For that, open the Apple Menu and select Software Update.
- If it shows an Update is available, then update the Software to the latest version.
- Now, open the Apple Menu again, and select System Preferences.
- Click on iCloud and check the boxes in front of the apps that you want to sync with your account.
- Once you select these apps, you can also store them on your iCloud Login Account or back them up.
- If you choose to back them up, then you can also access the data on other devices by logging into your account.
This is the method for iCloud Sign in on your Mac and as you can see, it is easier than the other methods.
How to Set Up iCloud Account?
Setting up an iCloud Login Account is pretty simple and easy. Till now, we have covered the Login procedures on Mac and iOS devices and also various methods for that. Now, if you are a new user and don’t have a clue how to set up an account, then rest assured because we are going to discuss it in this section.
- The only thing you need to set up your iCloud Login is your Apple ID.
- Almost all of the Apple users have an ID.
- You will have an Apple ID if you have ever purchased anything from the iTunes Store.
- Now, if you don’t remember your ID, then there is this service that you can use to recover it, called iForgot.
- If you have forgotten your ID, then you can recover it from here.
- In case you don’t remember the password, then this link will help you retrieve it.
- If you don’t have an ID in the first place, then you can get yourself one here.
- Once you have your Apple ID and password ready, then the rest of the method is a walk in the park.
You can set up your iCloud account using your iPhone/iPad or your Mac. We will explain both the methods in the following sections.
Setting up iCloud Login on iOS devices
If you want to set up your account on your iPhone or iPad, then you have to follow this method. The steps are given below and you will find them easy to follow.
- iOS is regularly rolling out updates and the latest one is iOS 11.
- Make sure that you have the latest version running on your iPhone.
- If you don’t have the latest version, go to Settings and then General.
- Tap on Software Update and check whether it is updated or not.
- If there is a new update, then it will show. Scroll down and tap on Install Now.
- Once the update is complete, open the Settings Menu.
- The select iCloud Login from the list.
- On the next screen, enter your Apple ID and password in the blanks and tap on Next.
- After that, select the apps that you want to sync or store with iCloud Login by swiping them on or off.
With this, your iCloud Login Account is all set up on your iPhone or iPad.
Set up iCloud on Mac
Setting up iCloud Sign In on a Mac is the easier way. If you have a Mac, then we would recommend you to follow this method as it is fairly simple and user-friendly. Same as in the previous method, you need to check a couple of things before you start the setup procedure. The first thing you need to make sure of is whether your Mac is running the latest version of OSX or not.
- If you don’t have the latest version, then you need to update it.
- Go to the Apple Menu and navigate to Software Update.
- It will show you if there is a new update available or not.
- Now, once you have the latest version of OSX, then open the Apple Menu again.
- Open System Preferences and then click on iCloud.
- It will take you to another window where you will see a list of apps.
- What you have to do now is select the apps which you want to sync or back up.
- Check the boxes to distinguish the apps and they will be synced with your account once you have completed the syncing process.
- You will have to choose the way in which you want to deal with Photos because it has a little extra security.
- You can also allow Automatic Download on iTunes if you want to.
- In order to enable Automatic Downloads for your Music and Apps, you need to use iTunes.
- Open iTunes and go to Preferences. Click on Store and then choose Music, Movies, Shows, and Apps.
This was the basics of how to set up an iCloud Login Account on a Mac. There is so much more you can do with the online cloud storage that is a discussion for another time. Let us now move on to the next set up method.
iCloud Set Up on PC
In this section, by PC, we mean Windows because it is the only other operating System for PCs after OSX. There is one thing that you need to care about here. It is recommended by Apple that you set up your iCloud Account on all your iOS devices before you go on to the set it up on a Windows Device. After that, you can follow the steps below.
- You need to install iCloud Login App on your Windows PC first.
- Open a browser on your Windows PC and then click on this link to go to the Download page.
- Once you reach that page, click on the Download button.
- The download will start in a second or two and you will have the iCloud setup file in no time.
- Once the download is complete, it should open automatically.
- If it doesn’t, head over to the downloads folder and double-click it.
- Start the installation and follow the instructions along the way to properly install the software.
- Once the installation is complete, restart the PC.
- iCloud will start automatically after you restart your PC. This is the default setting and will happen every time you start your PC. If you don’t want it to happen, then change the settings.
- Open the application on your PC and enter your Apple ID and password.
- After you have logged in, you can choose which apps you want to back up or sync.
- After selecting the app, click on Apply and that’s it.
This is how you can set up your iCloud Account easily on your Windows PC. This completes the Setup processes as this is as far as you can go with the devices.
iCloud Login FAQs
Using iCloud Login is not easy with all the users and most of the users have some questions regarding the cloud-based storage system. In this section, we are briefly going to focus on some of the common FAQs regarding iCloud.
- What are the uses of iCloud Login?
- You can sync all of your devices together and keep the data synced.
- Access the same files from different devices.
- Share the data with anyone you like.
- Store your data online in case you need to grab it anytime you want.
- Pre-Requisites to use iCloud?
- The latest version of the operating software on your device.
- iCloud Login on all the devices with the same Apple ID.
- Turn it on after signing in on all your devices.
- Download and install the app on your Windows PC.
- What can I store on iCloud Login?
- Users can store any type of file they want as long as it doesn’t exceed 50 GB or the storage limit.
- This means that you can store your photos, word docs, presentations, and everything else across all of your devices.
- How to access files?
- Using the iCloud Login Drive on your Mac and on iOS devices.
- You can also use the official web portal on your PC.
- With the Windows App on your Windows PC.
- How much storage is available?
- When you sign up, you get a default of 5GB of storage.
- If and when you need more storage, you can buy a plan starting at USD $0.99 per month.
- You can get 200 GB or even 2TB and share the storage across different accounts.
These were some of the FAQs asked by the users. If you can’t find your question here, then you can ask your question on the support page of the Apple website.
How to Delete iCloud Account
Before we move on, you may need to make sure why you are deleting your account. Because once you delete your iCloud Account, all your information and data in the account will also be deleted along with the account. You may want to remove the account from your iPhone or iPad or whatever the reason may be, you have to follow the steps below.
- On your iPhone, open the Settings Menu and go to iCloud.
- Scroll down to all the Settings and find the delete option.
- You will find Delete Account or Sign Out.
- Tap on it and you will see the small pop-up.
- Tap on Delete or Sign Out from that and you will be logged out of your iCloud Account.
- Note that, you can’t ever really “delete” the account itself, but rather log out of it.
- It will be there if you need access it again.
- The main effect that this will have is that it will remove all your data from the account.
Once you have completed this process, the screen will be blank with the Login page visible. You can either create a new Apple ID and go with it or set up a new Account as explained in a previous section.
With this, we have reached the conclusion of this article on iCloud Login. We have explained almost everything we had to about the Login procedure. We have also pitched in some of the useful FAQs. In case you need more info or solve any doubts, then contact us at iCloudLogin.